Note: This document is only available in English, as it is the official language of commerce for the regions in which we operate. Any translated copies are not valid.
It does not apply to information collected by:
1. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
(a) Our Service: We may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your full name, email address, phone number, or similar, when you sign up for the mailing list or request information from our “Resources” page. When you use the Website, we may receive certain information about you as described below. We send emails to those who have signed up for the mailing list or requested information from our “Resources” page and maintain records and copies of your correspondence. If you no longer wish to receive such emails, you may opt out of them by clicking the link at the bottom of an email received from Harmony or by contacting Harmony at email@example.com.
(c) Harmony does not collect sensitive information about you.
2. How We Use Your Information
(a) We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
We may also use your information, in combination with other information available to us about you from third-parties, to contact you about our own products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information this way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(b) We use the information that we collect to operate and maintain our Website and for marketing and advertising purposes. The legal basis is Harmony’s legitimate interests identified in this policy under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) , the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act of Canada (PIPEDA), and applicable United States privacy laws.
(c) If you have signed up for emails or other resources from us, we use the information that we collect to send you such materials. The legal basis is Harmony’s legitimate interest identified in this policy under GDPR, PIPEDA, and applicable United States privacy laws.
3. How We Share Your Information
(a) Personally Identifiable Information: Harmony will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of Harmony (for instance, information collected with Act-On will be stored by Act-On which has an interface into our Customer Relationship Management system). Our blog is administered through a third-party application, WordPress, through a third-party web design firm, South Yard Digital, located in Chicago, IL; however, Harmony controls its blog. No comments are allowed on Harmony’s blog, so no possibility exists of personal information being shared through Website user actions. We will not post Website user information on the blog.
(b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We will not share non-personally identifiable information with any third-parties. Only Harmony has access to this information. Non-personally identifiable information may be stored indefinitely.
(c) Instances Where We Are Required to Share Your Information: Harmony will disclose your information where required to do so by law, if subject to subpoena or other legal proceeding or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of the services Harmony provides; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Harmony, our Website users, or others.
(d) What Happens in the Event of a Change of Control: We may buy or sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information collected through the Website may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company. Website users who have signed up for the email list or other resources will be notified via email; all Website users will be notified via a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
(e) Other: To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or with your consent.
4. Storage and Processing. Your information collected through the Website may be stored and processed in the United States, Europe, or any other country in which Harmony or its affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. Harmony may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or the European Economic Area, please note that we will only transfer information, including personal data, to areas allowed by the GDPR and other privacy laws.
5. How We Protect Your Information. Harmony is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Harmony or guarantee that your information gathered through the Website may not be accessed disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at info@HarmonyHIT.com.
Wp 18236: 1st party cookie: does not expire: picks up the company/ISP, area code, State/Province
7. GDPR and PIPEDA. We comply with GDPR as it applies to EU/EEA residents, PIPEDA as it applies to Canadian residents, and other applicable law as it applies to all Website users
9. Compromise of Personal Information. In the event that personal information is compromised as a breach of security, Harmony will promptly notify Website users in compliance with applicable law.
11. Enforcement and Dispute Resolution. At any time, you may object to the processing of your personal information, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact Harmony’s data protection officer, Bridget Group, at (800) 781-1044. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities.
12. Our Retention of Your Information. We will retain your information for as long as necessary, in some instances longer than six (6) years after your last visit to our Website.
13. Children’s Privacy. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Harmony does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access the Website at any time or in any manner. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16 and without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at info@HarmonyHIT.com
Harmony Healthcare IT
Attn: Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 6595
South Bend, Indiana 46660
Last Modified: February 8, 2023