A Message to our Current and Future Employees: Stay on the Cutting Edge of Health IT02.06.2017
At Harmony Healthcare IT, we constantly seek out ways to stay on top of the latest technology advancements in clinical data management and interoperability. We do that both by hiring the right people and by keeping our team educated.
Here is a list of universities, published by The Office for the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, which offers health IT workforce training sessions across the country and online.
- Columbia University
- John Hopkins
- Oregon Health and Science University
- University of Alabama
- University of Health Sciences at Houston
The courses offered cover topics ranging from clinical informatics to value based care to population health management and interoperability. We have encouraged our employees to explore the course offerings and also recommend that students who may apply for internships with our company do the same.
The landscape for healthcare delivery is changing as patient demands shift toward increased technology. For example, millennials are generally comfortable in a world governed by data, and research firm TripleTree reports that millennials have strong feelings about their healthcare experiences and health data:
- 71% of millennials would be interested in using a mobile app to actively manage their well-being, review health records, and schedule appointments.
- 63% of millennials would be interested in providing their health data from Wi-Fi / wearable devices to their doctor so they can personally monitor their well-being.
- 60% are interested in using telehealth options (e.g. video chat with doctor) as an alternative to in-person office visits.
It’s important for healthcare IT workers to stay up to speed on the technology advancements and trends in customer care that are driving the need for new solutions.
Harmony Healthcare IT is constantly searching for curious, tech-savvy collaborators who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us provide products and services for healthcare organizations of all sizes and types. We safeguard clinical data and are known for our excellence in data extraction, migration and retention of healthcare records. Sound like a body of work in which you might have interest? Let’s connect.
Current openings in the Harmony Healthcare IT South Bend, Indiana headquarters include:
- Account Manager
- Business Analyst Intern
- Business Development Associate
- Business Development Intern
- Database Analyst
- Database Analyst Intern
- Senior Software Developer
- Software Development Intern
For more information and how to apply, visit: https://www.harmonyhit.com/careers/