Medical Office Data Storage Webinar on 2/25/1002.15.2010
Harmony Healthcare IT will host, on 2/25/10, a webinar on how to securely store legacy practice management data to meet state and federal record retention regulations.
Are you familiar with state and federal mandates that determine how long your practice should store historical data from your practice management system?
As practices move to electronic health record (EHR) systems, they are faced with the challenge of how to most effectively and securely comply with state and federal mandates to retain historical practice management data. Depending on medical specialty, geography or data type, data may need to be accessible for the next 7, 10 or 25 years. In a transition to a new EHR, volumes of data points from the old practice management system are converted and must be archived.
Join our webinar to learn why
- immediate and secure access to historical healthcare data is essential for today’s medical practices to comply with state and federal regulations
- employing a legacy practice management data retention strategy can better prepare you when responding to Recovery Audit Contactor (RAC) audits, filling legal or patient information requests or
collecting on past due patient account balances
The webinar will address the following questions:
- What legal or regulatory obligations are you meeting by establishing a data retention strategy at your practice?
- What type of data needs to be retained?
- How can an effective retention strategy be developed and executed?
This seminar is aimed at those responsible for executing on medical record or healthcare data retention and access: practice administrators, medical record professionals and/or information technology managers.
Register Today at 1-800-781-1044.