Medical Practices Go Green to Save07.13.2009
Looking for ways to help your practice reduce paper consumption and carbon emissions? The American Medical Association has published an article that offers strategies for practices who wish to improve the environment while also improving their bottom line. Some examples — from small to large — include
- Installing energy-efficient light bulbs
- Turning off computers when not in use
- Offering follow-up consults via phone to reduce the environmental impacts of driving
- Installing an electronic health record
- Replacing film x-rays with digital
Take a look at the full article to learn more about green strategies that can contribute to reducing your operating budget — or at least taking it to cost-neutral.